Canadian CPR Courses in Hamilton
Whether you work in the construction, oil and gas, petroleum or health care industry Hamilton First Aid provides first aid and CPR certification courses that meet your requirements. Two popular courses, standard and emergency first aid, both meet Ontario WSIB requirements for workplace certification. This provider offers these 3 year certification courses at the lowest prices in conveniently located training centers in Hamilton, Ontario. Stand-alone CPR courses are available for participants that do not need any first aid certification. Popular CPR programs include basic life support, health care provider CPR and CPR level “C”. This provider is also popular for providing food handling courses and workplace safety courses such as TDG, WHMIS, confined space entry and fire safety. This “one-stop-shop” for all workplace safety needs also provides first aid and advanced safety supply services, AED sales, workplace audits and first aid attendee rentals. Use the contact information below to register for a course or to receive more information about services available to you.
Registration and More Information
A complete list of available classes can be found on the Hamilton First Aid website linked below. If you have any questions regarding classes or enrollment, you can use the information below to contact Hamilton First Aid.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration Website: http://firstaidcprhamilton.ca/cpr-training/
- Toll Free Telephone Number: 1-888-870-7002
Trainees can complete their enrollment using the form on the website or via e-mail, telephone call, or walk-in during business hours in any of the training centres in Hamilton.
What Will I Learn in a Canadian CPR Course in Hamilton?
Customers that register for CPR and AED training courses will learn about the following topics:
- Rescuer safety when providing aid
- Scene assessment
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- How to use a pocket mask
- ILCOR and American Heart Association approved cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- What is an AED and how to use it
- Breathing emergencies including partially and fully obstructed airways
- Recovery position
- How to move a victim
- Legal implications of providing CPR
- Compression only CPR
- When and how to contact EMS
- Cardiovascular disease and cardiac arrest
- Heart attacks and stroke
These topics and more are covered with hands-on training in a Canadian CPR course in Hamilton.
Full List of CPR Courses Available
- CPR level ‘A’
- CPR level ‘C’
- CPR level ‘HCP’
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Life Support
St Mark James certification
Trainees who are able to pass their enrolled training course are awarded a St Mark James training certificate for first aid and CPR, renewable every 3 years. The certificates can be renewed / re-certified through recertification programs offered several times each week.
Hamilton First Aid classes are held in high-end training facilities that are equipped with the latest AED trainers and training mannequins for first aid and CPR classes. The training centres are also easily accessible by private and public transportation.
Did You Know?
HIV and AIDS
There are several risk factors that make a person susceptible to acquiring HIV and developing AIDS.
- Unprotected sex – This is by far the most common cause of HIV transmission. Without the use of a condom, bodily fluids such as semen, blood, and vaginal fluid are easily exchanged between two people.
- Existing STI – Having open sores on your genitals and oral cavity increase the likelihood of acquiring HIV even with protected sex.
- IV drugs – Illegal use of IV drugs usually entails sharing of needles – as well as infections.
Participants enrolled in CPR training courses in Hamilton will learn protective methods to prevent disease transmission when providing first aid or CPR.