Erectile Dysfunction Symptoms and Treatment
Natural Solutions for Erectile Dysfunction
[media url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiRkQCvB0V0″ width=”600″ height=”400″]
Erectile dysfunction refers to a condition in which a man is not able to keep an adequately firm erection or does not get an erection at all for sexual intercourse. This is normally not a cause for concern if it happens from time to time however, if it is an ongoing issue it may result in stress and relationship problems in some people.
It may seem like an awkward idea to talk about your doctor about your erectile dysfunction, however, it is still important that you go for an evaluation for appropriate treatment. Sometimes underlying health conditions that require treatment such as diabetes or heart disease may contribute to erectile dysfunction. Treating an underlying medical condition can effectively revere the problem.
If treating the underlying health condition is not effective enough, you may be directed to take medication or other treatment options.
Signs and symptoms
Signs and symptoms of erectile dysfunction include:
- Persistent problems in getting an erection
- Persistent problems in keeping an erection
- Reduced libido (sexual desire)
When to seek medical attention
Visiting a family doctor may be a helpful start in determining your problems. Make sure you see a doctor if:
- You are having issues with your partner due to your erectile dysfunction or any other sexual problem
- You have heart disease, diabetes or any other health condition that may be associated with erectile dysfunction
- You are experiencing other symptoms along with erectile dysfunction which may not be related
In most cases, erectile dysfunction is an issue that arises or is worsened due to lifestyle choices. The following steps may help you:
- Quit smoking, if you smoke. Most smokers have trouble quitting, therefore, help is readily available. See your doctor if you require any additional help and you can also try over-the-counter nicotine replacement lozenges. Talk to your doctor if you require prescription medications
- Lose weight, if you are overweight. being obese or overweight can worsen or cause erectile dysfunction
- Exercise regularly. This may help deal with your underlying problems that contribute to erectile dysfunction y controlling stress, your weight or by increasing your blood flow
- If you have drug or alcohol problems, get help. Drinking excessively or taking illegal drugs can aggravate erectile dysfunction, either directly or by contributing to long-term health issues
- If you have relationship issues, work through them. Try to improve the communication and interaction between you and your partner. You can also consider visiting marriage counselors if you are not able to work through your problems on your own.
If you visit your doctor your doctor will most probably determine the cause of the problem that is causing erectile dysfunction. The severity and cause are important factors in treating erectile dysfunction and the underlying health problem. First aid and CPR training locations.