How To Treat Bronchitis
There are two kinds of bronchitis — acute and chronic. An individual might also experience asthmatic bronchitis.
What Are The Causes Of Bronchitis
- Infection of the lungs can occur, generally because of viral infections.
- Smoking cigarettes. Smoking increase the possibility of irritation to the bronchial tubes which causes more mucus to be produced.
- Bronchitis can be caused by toxins found in the air.
- Industrial contamination, generally a problem among persons who work in mines and metal workers. Also, contact with dust and gases causes bronchitis.
- Consistent incidences of acute bronchitis can result in chronic bronchitis as the airways become weaker.
Acute Bronchitis – Symptoms
The key symptoms to look out for when it comes to determining if you are definitely experiencing acute bronchitis include:
- Consistent cough that causes frustration.
- Phlegm or blockage that generally starts after a cough develops.
- High fever and trembling.
- Tension in the chest.
- Failure to breathe in one motion; thus causing breathlessness.
Chronic Bronchitis – Symptoms
- A cough that persists for a few days causing phlegm that persists for more than three in a year.
- Gasping and breathlessness which might take place at regular periods.
Identification Of Bronchitis
When you go and see your doctor for the ailment, they will:
- Ask for a broad explanation of the symptoms as well as other pertinent points about your medical history.
- A detailed physical check-up.
- Ask for pulmonary tests to determine precisely how well your lungs are operating.
- An X-ray if necessary.
- Phlegm samples to be verified for the existence of any infection causing bacteria that may be the reason for the disease.
Treating Chronic Bronchitis
- Bronchodilators assist by opening the airways to the lungs.
- Drinking lots of water also eliminates phlegm and helps to keep the body properly hydrated.
- Humidifiers can also be used to reduce the mucus and help by keeping the airways damp.
- A few minutes of daily workouts can also assist you by developing your breathing.
Related Video On Bronchitis